The Department of Communication Studies offers comprehensive undergraduate programs to develop knowledge and skills in the areas of media literacy, video production, public relations, journalism, and cultural studies. We value and promote diversity, ethics, and social justice. We strive to prepare intellectually open and aware lifelong communicators who engage in our local, regional and global communities.
Centrally located with easy access to both Boston and Providence, Bridgewater State University serves the region of Southeast Massachusetts through its comprehensive range of undergraduate, graduate, and evening degree programs. Bridgewater State is committed to fostering a challenging, high quality education accessible to students in the region and beyond.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in a diverse, interdisciplinary department. We seek candidates whose teaching focuses on film production, with possible emphases in cinematography, lighting, sound, editing, and screenwriting. The successful candidate will also teach film and media studies classes. They will have an interest in curricular development, particularly the integration of global perspectives into the curriculum. The successful candidate will possess an active scholarly agenda. They will also be an active mentor to students and engage in service to the department, the university, and the wider community. The standard teaching load is four courses per semester.
• Ph.D. in Film, Communication, or a related discipline is required. ABD candidates will be considered.
• Relevant college teaching experience
• Demonstrated commitment to public higher education and working with a diverse student body
• Professional experience in film production
• Demonstrated excellence in college teaching
• Demonstrated willingness to engage in high-impact practices (e.g., internships, undergraduate research, service-learning, global engagement)
• Interest in teaching in multiple modalities (e.g., face-to-face, hybrid, online)
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
DIRECT LINK TO POSTING: https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/17921